Tuesday, September 28, 2004

The Sleep Police

Someone once accused me of being the sleep police -- I thought that was pretty funny. It's true that when I decide I'm tired and ready for bed, that's it. You've got about ten minutes before I'm out like a light -- it's a talent which I like because in the past I've had serious problems with insomnia. No more! In fact, since finishing the book, I've had a hard time a) sitting down at the computer for long enough to post anything lucid and b) staying awake once I get home. It's like my body's decided it's payback time for 2 months of sleeping 4-5 hours a night after 19-20 hours in front of the computer.

Case in point: last night I came home and made myself dinner, poured myself a glass of wine and sat down to watch The Hustler. According to my DVD display, I got 1 hour and 12 minutes into it before I fell asleep for the night. Now, since I started watching it a little before 9 pm, I figure I zonked out around 10 pm. And slept until 7 am. 9 hours! I haven't done that in ages -- and who knows how long it's been since I went to bed at 10.

Anyway, this is just to say I'm getting back to work here -- I have about a half-dozen half-finished posts to complete, and after tonight, two more regular poker games in my life to write about.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my workout of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan