Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Favorite Quote I Didn't Even Try to Fit in the Book

I've been on an Insomniac kick lately and it reminded me of this Dave Attell quote about Reno I jotted down early on in the writing process:

Reno, Nevada. Gambling. That’s a great town. All night-drinking, legalized prostitution, gambling. You know what the town doesn’t have? A zoo. There’s no zoo there. Cause after a couple days of drinking, gambling, and banging hookers, you kind of want to see a panda. You really do.

I love a good gambling story, cause it always starts off so dramatic, so full of hope: "I was up $8900. The next thing I knew, I was blowing a guy for a sandwich." What? You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em fucker!


Since I cut out the parts about actual places to gamble, there was no way to fit it in. Pity. It turns out it's not exactly true, anyway. There's a zoo 8 miles from downtown Reno. They don't have a panda, though, just a monkey you can call baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan