Friday, July 23, 2004

Acknowledgements

If you read this blog for more than maybe 2 or 3 seconds, you might notice that I love my friends and I think they're great. Well, they are. That's just the truth. A funny thing that my friend Amanda called me on is that before I even started on the first chapter, I began composing my acknowledgements page. I'm outrageously excited to be able to put down in print my heartfelt thanks. Yeah, fuck it, I'm going for total corn here. I've put down an application for permanent-resident status in Happy Land, in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane!

Two that got added to the page just yesterday:

When I heard from Plan B studios, I felt panicked and out of my depth. I turned to my friends and family friends for help, one of whom, Marilyn gave me some really great advice which calmed me considerably.

Later, I talked to my friend Vanessa, who writes for (ironically) the show Las Vegas. She's going to talk to her agent for me, and had the very sage advice to think about what I want. Do I want to sell my novel? Do I want to write the screenplay for this nebulous, based-on-a-thin-premise book? Do I want to write articles for magazines? Sell my short-story collection?

It's an incredible opportunity and I'm planning on spending some serious time this weekend thinking about what, in an ideal world, I'd like to come of this. Also writing. I have to get back to writing. I have less than 30 days now for the first half. I'll be putting in my application for dual residency in Panic Land on "I Loathe Myself" Way shortly, I imagine.

Oh, and also I'm going to be talking to someone from NPR or something about my dating experiences on Salon.com's personals. This has gone beyond ridiculous. But I guess the lesson here is, if you keep putting yourself out there, eventually something may come of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan