Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Another Lovely Day

Even though I'm still waiting, anxiously to hear back about the contract and worried that I've jinxed myself by talking about the book before I have the signed document in my hands, I still feel pretty fucking stoked tonight.

When I came out of the subway this evening, a cover of "Feeling Good" by Muse came on in my Yay! mix on my iPod and I was greeted with this beautiful sky:



It's the kind of sky that I love, with the clouds cutting the light into visible bands as the sky shifts blues. It turns out as jaded as I am about some things, I'm a sucker for beautiful skies and sparkly lights. I have a Pavlovian response to fireworks. Which involves delight and sprinting madly to insure a good view.

So back to events of the day.

For those of you who read my previous dating blog, you might remember in May I submitted to Esquire's Brutally Honest Personals and they liked my entry and a fella named Tyler told me I was up for the August issue. I forgot all about it until the other day when I was browsing in Barnes & Nobles and saw that the August issue was already on the stands. Ah well -- no biggie -- I'm not dating anymore anyway. But today, I heard again from Tyler. I'm in for October. It's hysterical. How does everything happen at once? I find it funny that I'm getting into the pages of Esquire for this after being (extremely nicely and personally) rejected when I submitted fiction there. Of course it happens when I no longer care.

Now I'm off to bone up on the rules of Omaha in case I want to teach it at this Sunday's poker class. If you're a lady and you want to learn to play poker, e-mail me and let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan