Thursday, October 21, 2004

Danger! High Voltage

It has nothing to do with the Yankees pathetic choking of last night, but I'm in a terrible mood today. The bitch-slap over e-mail has already begun between the guys in my Thursday night game and while I'm hoping like hell the game is on tonight, I hope the trash talking is kept to a minimum. Since most of the Bostonians have moved to L.A. over the past few months, I think I'll be okay.

I wish, oh how I wish, I could just get away on a retreat. Maybe to a poker camp? Seriously, I would love to go to poker camp, but I don't have that kind of money to spend on it. Besides, if I went it would ruin the mental picture in my mind...Lederer strumming the guitar and leading the tired campers in a round of "The Gambler." Or maybe some Phish tunes -- I have it from a reliable source that he was once a big fan. Jesus Ferguson would lead a special seminar called "start using cards as a weapon" and proceed to cut though bananas, pickles, and then all three ingredients in s'mores. What delicious fun it would be!

Of course, none of this seems to be listed in the itinerary but a gal can dream, can't she?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan