Monday, March 07, 2005

Toby Leah Bochan DOT COM, baby!

I'm booked for AC for April, which I'm really psyched about. What's more, my publisher has told me I'm going to be seeing my book this week -- a month before it hits the stands. Finally, I'm pleased to announce I have a "real" Web site now, tobyleahbochan.com, which has been generously given to me and set up by Matt. With the spring-like temperatures and all this good news, it hardly seems like Monday.

Anyway, there's not much there now, but it does have the info for the book and for the NYC poker class.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello Toby-

It's great to see you have a blog up. I loved your book, "The Badass Girl's Guide to Poker"! Your interview with Annie Duke at the end was wonderful. I love the fact that she lives in my home town now. You made pot odds a bit more understandable to me now, my boyfriend has tried to expain it, but he gets too damn scientific for me to follow completely without getting bored before he's done.

You're book is very entertaing, and easy to read. Along with the fact that there is soooo much good information for a poker chick, this is a perfect book for a beginner, to not-so-beginner. The quotes were highly entertaining, also. This book gave me some more insight into my playing style (Secretive Sphinx), though I do wear low cut shirts from time to time to distract a man's attention-especially when I'm dealing. This is a book I'm recommending to all of the ladies I play poker with to advance their (womanly) poker skills a bit.

One little comment, though, about an error I found at the end of the book. You talked about the best hands from best to worst, and left out a Royal Flush. It was two am when I was reading that, and I had to do a triple take for it to fully register. If your book goes into a second publishing (which it undoubtedly will), that is definitely something that needs to be addressed.

I'm looking forward to more from you in the future..

Angela

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan