Thursday, October 28, 2004

It's a Small Poker World After All

The more I play, the more I find that everyone is about one degree of separation from anyone else in the poker world, connected by table meetings and random coincidences. This is true in NYC in general among the people in my age group -- so when you put them together, it's crazy. The weirdest real-life one is that one of the guys who was in my regular Thursday night game turned out to be related to a girl I was really close friends with when I was in elementary school but haven't talked to in years.

Now there's one in the poker blogosphere for me as well. It turns out that one of the poker blogs I read, Sound of a Suckout, is by a friend I used to play poker and make fun of bad poetry with in Texas. I suspected as much from his witty writing style and use of the word "Jebus," but wasn't 100% sure until he linked to me. It turns out he's getting married this weekend, and I hope he has a great day and a happy honeymoon. I'll be looking forward to his posts when he returns.

Not as much as I'm looking forward to playing poker tonight though, I must admit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan