Friday, December 17, 2004

Arnold Roston, 1913-2004

photograph by Arnold Newman of Arnold Roston

Thanks to everyone who sent their condolences on my grandfather's passing. A weird coincidence that occured over the last week was that in order to write and gather facts I went to the NY Public Library to look at his entry in Who's Who on Monday after work. On Tuesday, I received my own official invitation to place my bio in there. I always thought it was a kind of shady thing, but I guess it's real, unlike those Who's Who in College scams. I don't really know, but I don't have to pay or buy anything to be in it.

I figure I'll do it, since it's definitely something my grandpa would like me to do. I wonder if he was the one who nominated me. I'm going to choose to believe he did. But I know better than to believe Who's Who on when he was born: They say 1923, but I know that was just good old grandpa, shaving 10 years off his age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan