Friday, April 22, 2005

Hooray! I won! Yay!

Literally, tonight I yelled "Hooray! Yay! Things worked out for me! Hooray!"

Sometimes I am such a girl. But when your QJ wins against AA, what else can you feel or say?

I got home about an hour ago from a $60 no-limit freezeout tournament at one of the NY underground clubs. I came in 4th out of 56, in the money for the first time at this club and for the first time in a while in a BnM tourney.

I didn't think I'd win anything. I downed two beers and half an appetizer platter before heading over to the club. And when I got AA dealt to me the first hand, I thought, well, this is a bad sign. Seriously, I've been on such a bad run that I think oh, well, here are the only aces I'll see tonight. Additionally, I kind of prefer if the first coupla hands I get in a tournament are crap, so I can just settle in and look around.

But those first aces held, and the second, and the queens, and... well, and then nothing.

One thing I'm getting better at, though, is just hanging out in tournaments, waiting and watching. Though eventually it did come to me going all in with Q2 clubs. At that point, I would have been anted and blinded into all-in anyway on the next hand. I say out loud "This hand, or next hand?" But you know, I figure. what the fuck, lets do it and I go all in. The flop is a lovely Q77. I'm back in it. Hooray!

Ok, more on this and AC tomorrow. I don't know what kind of crack I was smoking that made me believe I'd be able to stay awake and forming coherent sentences at 1:34 a.m.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

think the above link should be http://www.pokercheckraise.com

good luck!!!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan