Thursday, May 05, 2005

Busy, Crazy, Lazy

A combination of things has made it hard to post. My friend is out of the ICU and out of the hospital, which is great. I also ended up "tied up" on Friday as part of this story. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do about it, so I'm wary of posting more. Let's just say it was a jailarious Friday night.

In the lamest possible excuse for a post, here's what I'm doing this weekend:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Upcoming Bookstore Appearance
--------------------------------------------------------------

My first reading is this Friday, May 6th in Boston. I'm looking forward to it and hoping I can maintain my Badass cool in the face of my Dumbass stage fright. A few friendly faces in the audience would help.

The reading/discussion will take place:

May 6, 2005 7:00 PM

Borders
300 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Phone: 617.630.1120

*Upcoming Readings in June*

June 9th, 7 PM --- Borders, Rockaway, NJ
June 23rd, 8 PM -- Borders, Syosset, NY


-------------------------------------------------------------
Hear Toby on All Mixed Up on WBAI, 99.5 FM, Saturday 5-7 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------

I can't say it any better than the listing from Time Out NY:

"Host Peter Bochan welcomes his daughter Toby--author of the recently published Badass Girl's Guide to Poker--who will make yet another attempt to explain the rules of Texas Hold'em to her old man. She also plans to shamelessly flog her appearance on the Discovery Home Channel Program Party Girl tonight at 8pm. Gambling-themed songs by artists ranging from Wilco to Madonna round out the show."

As for the nepotism, well, at least we Bochans are upfront and honest about it.

Even if you're not in NYC, you can listen to the live web stream!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
See Toby Teach the Divas Who Dine on Discovery Home's Party Girl
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's more shameless flogging. May 7th at 8 PM, the show I was lucky enough to be part of is airing. I haven't seen it either, so I have no idea how much I end up in it, but it I had a great time shooting it and it should be a fun show. According to the host of the show, Cathy Riva, I'm "in it tons." Sweet.

Have a life and no TiVo that will prevent you from watching? It's on again at 11 pm and then Sunday at 7 am, noon, and 3 PM.

Now back to "work."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan