Monday, August 09, 2004

Atlantic City Rocks

I had a great first time in Atlantic City.

But now that I'm home, the mountain of what I have to do in a week has landed me directly in Panic City. In a House of Cards on Anxiety Alley!

So quickly, to sum:

I was given a lovely room at The Borgata which looked exactly as promised:



Quick review: Great rooms, service, shower products (cause that does matter -- as did the fact that they had the best towels of any hotel I've ever been in -- huge and bright white) I also really liked that they had good tea and coffee with little real half-and-half for guests. Why can’t all hotels do that? That powdery "creamer" you usually get is vile.

Crap. I just lost the rest of this post somehow. And I thought I had copied it but I accidently screwed myself. Like I did by leaving my iPod in AC! My own fault.

I just can't write it again. I'm so pissed. I need to get back to the slang definition writing though.

The even quicker version: Rooms nicer at the Borgata, but I prefered playing poker at the Taj and staying on the boardwalk. Met Cyndy Violette. Amazing.

Damn. This was so much more entertaining 15 minutes ago. But I know when to fold em, and I give up on this post.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it with this way you're always offered half-and-half, or creamer, or CREAM, ferchrissakes, and never good old-fashioned MILK? I mean, the vast majority of people put milk in their coffee at home, but then when they go out to a hotel, they're expected to suddenly prefer something all sweet and gloopy instead?

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the "milk" thing may be a New York, or east coast, thing. Where I'm from in Michigan, no one drinks milk in their coffee. It's all about the cream or the half and half. This may be changing as people get more weight conscious, but my mom always has the half and half ready for company. Personally, I think it tastes like ice cream in your coffee.
AK

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan