Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Vegas Humor

The good news is, I've got a schedule down now for writing -- 7:00-11:30 each night. This means I'm in front of a computer pretty much from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 a.m. or later every day (I do my emailing, Web surfing and IM-ing after & during the 11:30 Simpsons).

The bad news is, I still don't feel I'm making enough progress. Last night I considered buying Positively Fifth Street for my iPod, so I could further multitask. Don't get me wrong: I've already read the book, and it's great. But I was thinking, instead of listening to gambling songs on my commute, I could listen to this fine book. I'm going for total poker immersion. I think it's working, as I'm 95% sure I was gambling in my dreams last night.

Even my goof-off time I try to fit somehow into "research." The only story I read in The Onion this week? Deadbeat Dads March on Las Vegas. Poker Humor, in general, isn't that funny. Unless it's 2 AM and you've spent the last ten minutes trying to remember what you called that file with all those brilliant ideas about deception. Then everything is hysterical. Including, of course, me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're totally awesome! Keep on being awesome! :-) AK

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan