Monday, August 16, 2004

Handeded In

After working on the book and nothing much else for 120 hours straight and only 3.5 hours of sleep, I am completely unable to judge how high on the crap-o-meter the chapters I just sent off will rate, but what I do know is that they're off. All 18,000+ words of them. Some of it ended up very piecemeal, but I think I handed in enough to meet my contractual obligation. I guess I'll find out soon.

Meanwhile, my hand really hurts. By 8 pm last night I was using one of those face masks you put in the freezer as a combination brace/soothing cool relief pack by wrapping the whole thing around my wrist as I typed.

To look at it from the positive, poker-side: I guess I know I have thr endurance to last through a 5-day tournament now. Even if my hand gets sore from stacking and tossing all those piles of chips, I can soldier through. I might weep openly at the table, but that's not against the rules or anything. I think that would be pretty funny actually, to see someone sob their way through a tourney. Maybe my sense of humor is a little skewed. For instance, I found this cartoon via guinness and poker hilarious. Perhaps more so because my aunt and uncle met at some kind of D&D party and my ex also admitted to a D&D past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan