Saturday, August 14, 2004

14,000 words

I just finished the first section of the book. It's hella rough, but it's all down. I haven't been writing in order, so it was important for me mentally to get those first four chapters done. All told, they're just over 10,000 words right now.

To see how I was doing towards the remaining 10,000 that's due Monday (though I guess technically, I'm supposed to hand in 22,500, since that's half the full amount. But I can't think about that. If I get to 20K, I'll weep with joy), I MS Word-counted what I had written for the rest of the book. Another 4,000 words. Rounding up. But only slightly!

I feel good. Panicked still, but good. I know where I'm starting when I wake up in the morning and which two chapters I've gotta get done. And which ones I'll finish on Sunday. I just really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really,r eally, really, really, really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to get this done. And do it without staying up all night on Sunday.

I'm going to watch some poker now -- I downloaded some tournaments to lullaby me to sleep with the sweet sound of towers of chips tumbling down on each other. In that sleep, what dreams may come must give us pause...

Maybe I'll play some poker online instead. Research ho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan