Sunday, June 19, 2005

"The Boss Straight"

Last night I had a dream that I had a column printed in Card Player magazine, a half-page deal where they put that "who works here" credit near the front, where I discussed the "well known" "Boss Straight" which, of course, is a straight 3 to 8. Right. Only upon waking did I know that it was impossible to make said "boss straight." Still I like the name and feel it should mean something, either a hand or just as a synonym for the nut straight.

There's a lot of poker on my mind, I guess. I do have a column in Woman Poker Player mag this month, which is fun. But it's on playing online, which is real, as opposed to impossible dream hands.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

The commentator on Poker Susperstars yesterday used the phrase, "boss straight". Or was _I_ dreaming too?

12:22 PM  
Blogger Toby Leah Bochan said...

Funny. :) A friend of mine suggested that it could be a straight 9 to 5.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Now that's funny. It has got to be that!

BTW, I linked to you here, on my other blog.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/cheeseblog/

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan