Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Who's Reading My Book Online

Hello, my name is Toby, and I'm addicted to egosurfing.

One of the strange things about having written a book is that I find myself checking amazon.com reviews and rank, as well as googling both my name and the book's name to see what comes up. To be completely honest, I probably do one of these things each day.

Some, I know about -- C at A Picture of Me is someone I know in real life and I read her blog, so this post wasn't a shock. But as the blogosphere goes, it lead to this reader.

And I know some of the poker bloggers have kindly pimped my book -- though I don't know how many actually read it. :)

Lately though, I've found that people on livejournal and blogger are reading it:

- dagchristine: My favorite new book is:The Badass Girl'
- Whoo-Hoo
- shit-happens-whether-you-blog-or-not
- Now if I wanted to get AJJ involved with poker...
- "Toby Bocham"

I'm not sure how long I'll keep this up, but I still get as much of a kick out of finding these as I do when I see my book in the store.

Meanwhile -- I've reached a few milestones -- 10,000+ people have come by this blog, and it's been over 6 months since I quit smoking. I'm still chewing the gum, which isn't great, but I'm still not smoking, which is, if I do say so myself. And I just did!

Anyway, my point is -- thanks for reading it, talking about it, thank you for being a friend....and if you threw a party, invited everyone you knew, you would see, the drunkest girl there would be me, and the card attached would say "Thank you for being a friend and putting me in a cab."

2 Comments:

Blogger Caryn said...

Congrats on the 6 mo w/o smoking. That's awesome. I'm sure that will not be the last time I pimp your book!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Caryn said...

I also like the phrase "in real life." Because blogs aren't real life. In Blogland, we're all superheroes with masks and fabulous bodies in cool costumes.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan