Sunday, July 03, 2005

Poker.about.com

In April, I posted and called for people to Be the About.com guide to Poker. Then about.com decided not to start the site, against my advice. Then I decided I had to get out of working there 9-5, due to a number of things that have little to do with the company itself and a lot to do with my life outside of the job. But wait, I thought. If I wasn't on staff, I could be that guide to poker when they finally realized that "poker is red hot!"

So, as you might guess where this is going, I got the gig. I would like to say that I didn't intend it as a job for me when I suggested it, and really did want someone from the blogosphere to do it. But you know, a gals gotta seize the bull by the horns while the oven is hot or something. I think that's what my Italian teacher used to say.

I'm hoping that it will be a good thing for all the bloggers and poker players out there. I have schemes and plans. Right now it's pretty skeletal, but consider this my soft launch announcement or something.

And I hope you're all having a fine, fine long weekend. As for me, I can. not. wait. for fireworks!

5 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

Looking forward to fireworks myself! Fourth of July is my favorite holiday. Congrats on the about.com writing gig! :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Pauly said...

Good luck!

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun.. good luck. :)

8:59 PM  
Blogger Ignatious said...

awesome toby - i think you're a perfect fit for the gig. good luck and i'll make sure to pimp you when you're up and going, if you want.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Toby Leah Bochan said...

thanks, thanks, thanks all. :)

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan