Thursday, November 11, 2004

Not Posting and Folding with the Post

On Sunday, a friend who works for the NY Post played with Annie Duke at their offices here in New York.

I tried to weasel my way in, but failed to get a spot at the table. I thought it would be great fun to play with her, especially with funny money, after talking to her for the book, but it was not to be. It would have been hard to pull off anyway since I was at the combination Congrats on running the marathon/your new engagement party for another friend who works at the Post. And in the end, they'll be other opportunities for me to sit down with Ms. Duke, while long-time friends only get engaged once. Usually.

Actually, I had dinner on Monday with another friend who also got engaged last weekend and it was her second engagement. What was particularly funny was that except for her fiance, everyone at the table was part of "the broken engagement club." It's a bigger club than you might imagine.

I just hope the next time I get engaged, I make it to the altar and into the pages of the NY Times announcements so I can get mocked by this very funny blog. Since my grandfather once worked for the NY Times, I believe that my odds are actually pretty good -- on both counts!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

(c) Toby Leah Bochan